대학에 합격한지 바로 어제같은데 벌써 썸머 인턴쉽을 준비하고 있네요. 이제 대학 freshman으로 교수님 강의에 감동도 하고, 클럽에 강연에.. 학교생활에 푹 빠져 있는 아이를 보니 마음이 놓입니다.
Asian american legal defence and fund가 제공하는 인턴쉽 프로그램입니다. 대상은 아시안 학생, lawyer가 되고저 하는 학생을 위한 프로그램입니다. 인턴쉽은 8~25 근무하며 각 재단 변호사를 보조해 주는 업무입니다. 더 자세한 사항은 아래 원문을 참조 하세요.
2016 SUMMER LEGAL INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund (AALDEF), founded in 1974, protects and promotes the civil rights of Asian Americans through litigation, legal advocacy, and community education. For more information about AALDEF, please visit our website at http://www.aaldef.org.
Internships for the summer of 2016 are available in the following program areas:
• Anti-Trafficking Initiative – Provide direct legal representation to victims and survivors of human trafficking by drafting petitions for immigration relief, conduct legal research and writing, engage in outreach, community education, and advocacy on the rights of exploited and abused workers.
• Community Health Care Initiative – legal research, community education and outreach in the areas of immigration, government benefits, language rights, and health care access.
• Economic Justice for Workers – legal research, advocacy and direct representation on behalf of Asian immigrant workers experiencing wage-and-hour, retaliation, and workplace safety violations in the restaurant, nail salon, domestic worker, and other low-wage industries.
• Educational Equity – community education, policy work, research, and litigation concerning educational equity in higher education.
• Housing & Environmental Justice Project – research and policy work on gentrification and other land use issues affecting low-income and Asian immigrant communities.
• Immigrant Access to Justice – litigation, legal services, and organizing/outreach with communities affected by post 9/11 immigration and law enforcement policies. An additional emphasis on Asian communities’ access to representation and education about immigration policies and practices that may impact them, including deferred action policies and administrative relief for undocumented youth and other immigrants, unconstitutional DHS stops, and collaboration between state/local law enforcement and federal immigration enforcement. **Law students ONLY**
• Voting Rights – legal research and fact development under the Voting Rights Act and Equal Protection Clause challenging anti-Asian voter discrimination, advocacy on bilingual ballots, produce reports and organize public forums, assist in organizing election protection volunteers and legal trainings for the 2016 elections.
Description of Summer Internship Program: The summer program is ten weeks, from June 6 through August 12, 2016. Interns work full-time and are supervised by attorneys in specific program areas. Depending on the program area, interns will work on litigation, legal and policy advocacy, community outreach and education, or client intakes; each program area differs in emphasis. Summer interns attend weekly brown bag lectures on a range of public interest legal topics along with interns from other legal defense funds and civil rights groups. The position is unpaid. However, in previous years many AALDEF interns have been successful at securing independent funding. Academic credit can be arranged.
• Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to be received by AALDEF on or before Tuesday, January 19, 2016 at the address below. Please indicate in your cover letter the top three preferred program areas. Only law students qualify for AALDEF’s legal internships. Applications may be faxed or emailed.
• Any bilingual ability should be stated in the application. Bilingual ability is helpful but not required. Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese), Gujarati, Hindi, Khmer, Korean, Indonesian and Urdu-speaking applicants are especially urged to apply.
• Applications will be reviewed upon receipt until the January 19, 2016 deadline. Interviewing will take place on a rolling basis. Only applicants who have been given interviews will be notified of their advancement in the application process.
Summer Internship Search (Legal)
Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund
99 Hudson Street, 12th floor
New York, New York 10013-2815
Fax: 212-966-4303 Email: email@example.com
Copyright © 2016 jerseymomsdiary.com. All rights reserved.