New York, New Jersey, 와 Connecticut 지역의 Science와 Math에 두각을 나타내는 고등학생들을 위한 프로그램 입니다. 지원서와 학교 성적 그리고 시험을 통해 학생을 선택해서 학기중에 토요일에 진행됩니다. 자세한 정보는 아래와 같습니다. 많은 학생들이 지원해서 좋은 프로그램의 혜택을 받았으면 합니다.
- A completed online application, including a report of high school grades and an essay describing one’s interest and background in science and mathematics.
- An official high school transcript, to be mailed directly to the SHP by the student’s high school.
- An online letter of recommendation from a teacher, guidance counselor, or principal.
- A $20 non-refundable fee to cover the costs of application processing and test administration.
As part of the application process, there will also be a 3-hour entrance examination given at Columbia University. There are two scheduled Saturday dates for the entrance examination in the spring of 2011: April 2 and April 16. Students will be asked to indicate their preferred examination date; however, the SHP cannot guarantee that a student will receive his/her first choice. The examination will be from 10:30 AM to 1:30 PM. The test will contain questions in mathematics and science. Students are expected to have a background in algebra, geometry, trigonometry, and probability, together with some knowledge of elementary science subjects. No special studying or review is needed for the examination.
The deadline for SHP receipt of the completed online application is 11:59 PM on March 3, 2011. The $20 fee payment, whether by credit card or check, must also be received by the SHP by March 3, 2011. No applications will be accepted after this date.
Mailed official transcripts and online letters of recommendation must be received by the SHP no later than March 23, 2011.
- Deadline for completed application and fee payment: March 3, 2011.
- Personal test admission ticket available online: March 20, 2011 (note change from March 16).
- Deadline for SHP’s receipt of mailed official transcripts and online recommendations: March 23, 2011.
- Entrance examination dates: Either April 2, 2011 or April 16, 2011.
- Notification of admission decisions: June 20, 2011.