Summer Science Research Program at Rockefeller University.
의과 대학인 록펠러 대학에서 열리는 고등학생을 위한 프로그램
과학에 대해 관심과 열정이 있는 학생들을 위한 과학 연구프로그램입니다. 매년 수많은 지원자중 뛰어난 35명을 선택해서 원하는 관심분야에서 연구할수 있게 지원합니다. 과학에 관심과 열정이 있는 학생들은 도전해 볼 만한 프로그램입니다. 준비해야할 지원양식은 다음과 같습니다.
Applicants to the SOP must submit:
- The completed on-line application form.
- A 350- (or fewer) word personal statement describing the applicant’s scientific interests and possible career goals. Applicants should discuss why they want to participate in the Science Outreach Program and how they could benefit from the experience.
- A commentary of 750- (or fewer) words on any of the archived Newswire articles linked from The Rockefeller University’s Home Page (http://newswire.rockefeller.edu/). Please address the following questions:
- What interests you about the research discussed in this article?
- How does this research relate to what you have learned in your science classes?
- What would you do next if you were the researcher?
- An official transcript (with school seal)
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably from science or math teachers or previous research mentors. Letters of recommendation should be submitted online. If letters of recommendation are not submitted online, they must be mailed in separate sealed envelopes, signed across the seal, to the address below.
- A current curriculum vitae or resume
- The Student Consent and Agreement Form, found in section eight of the online application, is to be downloaded, printed out, and signed by the student, parent(s), and a witness.